Field Service Technician
AdvanTec Manufacturing is seeking a Field Service Technician to be our feet on the ground to support our clients and customers in the field by performing field service installations, start-up repairs and maintenance of AdvanTec marine products including windows, door, hatches and cranes.
As a Field Service Technician, you will travel the world working on a wide range of marine vessels; from navy ships to the largest, luxury yachts in the world. You will be responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining AdvanTec windows, doors, hatches and cranes for our customers to get our clients back out on the water. This role is for someone who thrives on problem solving and finding solutions to problems (even if it means using what’s available to you like a modern-day MacGyver).
This role does require 75% of international and local travel and can be based out of either our Langley, BC, Canada, Lynnwood, WA, USA or Robertsdale, AL, USA offices.
Essential Functions for this role are:
- Installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining AdvanTec marine products on a wide range of vessels including windows, doors, hatches and cranes
- Providing exceptional customer service and technical support to customers to resolve any issues as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Coordinating with Sales Support to ensure a timely response to customer in-field service needs
- Assisting in costing, scheduling and preparing quotes for in-field service requests
- Providing technical support to other Field Service Technicians
- Travelling to international and local locations to provide support to customers
If you have the following skills, then we want to hear from you!
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in marine equipment manufacturing, installation and/or repair
- Current American Boat & Yacht Council Certification (ABYC) is an asset
- Previous experience travelling and able and willing to travel internationally up to 75% of the time
- Electrical installation and troubleshooting experience both in-person and over the phone
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and able to work independently and under pressure
- Strong mechanical aptitude including understanding how moving pieces work together and how to fix a mechanical problem
- Excellent in-person customer service skills
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Strong basic skills in math and geometry, measuring devices & metrology
- Experience with hydraulic troubleshooting and repair is a strong asset
- Experience with marine window installation is preferred
- Light fabrication experience with Steel and/or Aluminum is preferred
- Detailed oriented and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Positive outgoing attitude; with a professional demeanor
- Your integrity is admired by those around you,
- You radiate positive energy and have an outgoing personality,
- You are driven and enjoy some autonomy in a position,
- You are interested in this role but also aspire to grow.
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization,
- Our full time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program of up to 3% and we have a great benefits package,
- We have a fantastic bonus program for all staff.
- We value our employees and everyone has a voice in the organization,
AdvanTec Manufacturing offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com
If you think that you have what it takes and could thrive with this organization, then please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the email: 18-24 Field Service Technician, your location & name.
Thank you for your interest in AdvanTec Manufacturing Canada. We thank all applicants in their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted